Tuesday 21 December 2010

Winter Solstice

Today is the shortest day of the year. That means from here on in the days keep getting longer and spring keeps getting closer. So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to start getting excited about the new trends sent down the S/S 2011 catwalks and which ones I'll be sporting in the new year...

First things first, I'm going to be investing in a trench coat to get me through what will more than likely be a rainy spring (my own fault for choosing to live in Leeds...?)



Burberry


Jaeger

Burberry have once again achieved the sense of effortless elegance and I absolutely love Jaeger's modern take on the classic trench - and isn't the colour just perfect?

Next, I'll be stocking up on the bold, neon block colours - seen on practically every other runway and perfect for making a statement.



Jil Sander


Maria Grachvogel

Layer them one on top of another Jil Sander style or choose one attention demanding shade and make a song and dance about it just like Grachvogel.

My final S/S 2011 tip for today is metallics. They were everywhere, but in my opinion, House of Holland hit all the right notes for me. Metallic pleated mini skirt - how much better can you get?


House of Holland

The perfect way to work the luxe metallic look whilst remaining fun and fresh. Love it. Ahhhh, this was definitely what I needed to help my snow induced style slum. Bring on spring.

4 comments:

  1. colour! I am already starting to miss it this winter.

    naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to wear all these gorgeous spring trends!

    thestyle-child.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete